Powerful Antioxidant Backed by Extensive Scientific Research
The antioxidant activity of EGCG is about 25–100 times that of vitamins C and E. One cup of green tea provides roughly 100 mg of polyphenols and has antioxidant effect greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries.
More Polyphenols in One Capsule than Several Cups of Green Tea
One capsule of Life Extension’s Mega Green Tea Extract provides more polyphenols than you get from drinking seven cups of green tea. This green tea extract is standardized to 98% polyphenols and contains 326.25 mg of EGCG, by far the most important polyphenol that green tea provides. And green tea powdered extracts have been shown to absorb 60%–90% better into the bloodstream and to be far more bioavailable than drinking green tea itself.
Research Supported Benefits of Green Tea
The Chinese have used green tea for therapeutic purposes since 2000 BC. More recently, volumes of published scientific findings attest to its multiple health benefits … including:
- Scavenging reactive oxygen species such as superoxide and the hydroxyl and peroxyl radical
- Cell membrane supporting properties
- Possibly promoting weight loss
- Boosting the effectiveness of enzymatic phase II detoxification
- Helping maintain healthy cell proliferation
- Helping maintain healthy blood cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride levels already within normal range
- Enhancing immune function
- Displaying protective effects on brain tissues
Mega Green Tea Extract has been concentrated and dual standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity. This advanced extract contains 98% total polyphenols and 45% epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).